The discouraging connotation surrounding braces that implies that they’re solely for kids and teens has kept the idea of adult orthodontic treatments on the outskirts of many adult’s minds in Benbrook, TX. Invisalign®, however, is becoming increasingly popular within the adult demographic, and at Whittle Dentistry we encourage adult orthodontic treatment.
Here are a few key points to keep in mind in preparing for orthodontic treatment:
1. If you have sensitive teeth Sensodyne is a great toothpaste to help desensitize your teeth.
2. It is encouraged to practice excellent oral hygiene to prepare your gums for orthodontic treatment. Ask Dr. William Whittle for suggestions.
3. It may feel uncomfortable at first, this feeling will go away and become more natural.
4. Chewing may also be difficult and consumption of certain foods may be impossible at first, but unlike tradition braces Invisalign® is designed for you to be able to remove during meals and to brush and floss. Ask Dr. Whittle for a list of foods to avoid during those first few weeks.
5. Your brushing routine may need to be amped up a bit or altered to fit more often into your schedule.
There are many benefits that come with Invisalign® including improved self-esteem and better dental health, and thanks to Invisalign®, you can straighten your teeth invisibly. Contact Dr. Whittle at 817.249.5522 or visit Whittle Dentistry when and if you are in Benbrook, TX or surrounding areas to start your journey with Invisalign®.